Thursday, April 5, 2007

RamblerVision


I see snow flakes coming down and rain and slush and all that wintery stuff we thought and hoped we were finished with. So it seems like a good time to take you back to a bitterly cold night from this past winter. Despite the chill there was a warm glow in the hearts of everyone who participated. It was New Years Eve and hundreds of people from the community flocked to the arena for a night of skating, bonfires and fireworks. This was the 2nd year the River Valley Chamber of Commerce sponsored the annual family celebration with the help of a large group of volunteers. The night was a huge success. The fireworks were fabulous.

I put this video together for the Chamber of Commerce. It features a lot of people you probably know. Maybe you're in it. It ends with the entire fireworks display from that night. I had never shot fireworks on video before and I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

This is the first of what I hope will be a regular Video feature at RiverValleyRambler. I'd like to see this site become a source for all kinds of video content from the local area. I have more video segments in the works and if you have video you feel will be of interest to people in this area be sure to contact me. Hit the play button. Watch the video. Tell your friends to watch it. I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great video Gary, look forward to seeing more.