Monday, April 2, 2007

Flushing Fee Deadline


I hope you paid your sewerage bill by today. This was your last chance to get a $15 discount on your annual sewer bill in Grand Bay-Westfield. Fifteen bucks doesn't sound like a lot when your bill is over $250 but a saving is a saving. I'm still not used to paying a fee for flushing. In other places I've lived my contribution to the cost of running the municipal sewage system was included in my taxes. Even though we've lived here for 21 years now, we only just started paying sewerage in the last two years. Up until then we were on septic. I clearly remember being told by the real estate agent when we first looked at the house that a sewer line was coming to my street anytime. After that a line was promised in every election campaign. Well it only took about 18 years to get it hooked up. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be connected to the system. There were just too many septic tanks in too small an area for my liking. So I'm paid up and glad to know that when I flush there's a system in place to make sure everything goes where it's supposed to go. By the way, I drove by the town's sewage treatment facility today just to check it out and make sure things were operating properly. It looked good from what I could see. I just wanted to make sure my $255 was being well spent.

No comments: