Friday, March 30, 2007

Walking and Running


With the snow and ice almost gone it's time to get back outside on the roads and trails for those regular runs and walks. I know most serious walkers don't let the winter stop them but it's always more enticing when the weather improves. I went for a run yesterday on the trail along River Valley Drive. It was in surprisingly good condition for this early in the season. There were a few muddy patches in low lying areas to watch for but on the whole the trail was dry and in pretty good shape. The town usually does some maintenance on it every spring including adding new gravel in spots so once that is completed the trail should be great. It sure is a well used and appreciated addition to the community.

However I did notice some ATV tracks on the trail. I hope motorized vehicles don't become a problem. They aren't allowed and either are bicycles but kids ride them along there all the time. I can't blame them for wanting to but really it's a safety issue as more and more people walk along that path.

I've posted some pictures of the trail. I shot them on a tiny digital camera I picked up at Guardian Drugs for under $20. It looked interesting so I had to give it a try and to my surprise it actually worked, not very well but it does take pictures.

The local runners group is getting into high gear with regular runs on Saturday mornings. More about that later. In the meantime, the River Valley Drive Trail awaits. Enjoy!

No comments: